THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

IRISH REVOLUTIONARY SONGS




OLYMPIC RECORDS
OL-6104
1974
STEREO





SIDE A:



BOULAVOGUE 3:40
KEVIN BARRY 3:12
HOLY GROUND 2:15
THE PATRIOT GAME 3:00
A NATION ONCE AGAIN 1:50
SOLDIER'S SONG (IRISH NATIONAL ANTHEM) 1:40

download


SIDE B:



TRI-COLORED RIBBON 2:15
BOYS FROM COUNTY CORK 2:05
ROISON DUBH 2:52
IRELAND'S 32 2:39
IRISH SOLDIER BOY 3:33
REBELS OF OUR LAND 1:55

download



Editor's note: you know, back in a more foolish day, I was in favor of the IRA and other such rebel groups but once I heard that these guys were prone to having battle songs and mottos I lost all of my fervor for their fervent behavior. As Nietzsche lamented, "'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?" Which has nothing to do with the Irish, rebels or this record but it's what it all reminds me of.

No comments: