THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, February 22, 2009

EVERYTHING YOU SEE IS ME


by RASA


GOVINDA RECORDS
RA-106
1978
STEREO


It is only natural that the phenomenal life of modern man has become less and less connected to any certain or absolute reality, as the concept of some predominating authority or governor becomes more and more dim memory of less enlightened times. Technological wizardry and it alternatives have outmoded the primal cause, the Supreme Creator and the eternal Father, and left us is a disconnected state of mind with nothing to show for our efforts but some rocks and dust from the moon, TV watches that click, buzz, and beep, and more effective contraceptives for your dog. The end result is a world view in which things just don't connect and where all phenomena occur in a seemingly haphazard, random fashion. But as soon as we introduce the concept of the universal guide, who is the source and essence of the cosmic manifestation, order is immediately invoked. Where there was chaos, form becomes manifest. Where there was apparently no cause, there is unlimited intelligence. Where there was emptiness, there is fullness. That guide, or creator, is called Krsna, and He explains hat "Everything you see is Me."

This is called God consciousness, and in such a state of mind the whole creation becomes a jubilant chorus celebrating the excellences of the Supreme Person in His representations as the sun, moon, and stars decorating the heavens. The searcher who comes to this ultimate awareness sees everything as a reflection of the opulence of the Supreme. Therefore, he not only glorifies God through His holy name, but also serves Him, by offering everything available for God's pleasure.

We are all walking around in some dream world, thinking it all to be eternal--yet being constantly frustrated by the temporality of it all. Just as one is called from a dream when he hears the sound of his name, so also we can be brought back to eternal reality by the chanting of the Lord's holy name. If you experience the fullness of transcendental sound and relish it within your heart, then very soon, genuine spiritual vision will become yours and you will see the Lord within every aspect of His creation.


Chris McDaniels--Vocals, Drums
Calvin Moss--Vocal on "Just for Believing"
Bee Snow--Vocals on "Within The Sound", Background Vocals
Vakresvara Pandit--Vocal on "Chanting"
Piers Lawrence--Lead Guitar
London McDaniels--Guitar
Dave Webb--Keyboards, Acoustic Piano on "Just For Believing"
Roger Panansky--Keyboards, Synthesizer
Webb Thomas--Drums
Randy Covens--Bass
Anthony Jackson--Bass on "Chanting" and "When Will The Day Come"
Randy Breacker--Trumpet
George Young--Sax
Patience Higgins--Sax on "A Perfect Love"
Jorge Barreiro--Vibes
Ruderial Blackwell--Background Vocals

MUSIC--London McDaniels, except "Questions In My Mind" and "The Dream Is Over" which are by Andrew Marks
WORDS--Andrew Marks, except "Just For Believing" which is by Andrew Marks and London McDaniels
PRODUCED by London McDaniels and Jorge Barreiro
ENGINEER--Peter Robbins
ASSISTANT ENGINEER--Akili Walker
RECORDED AT "THE MUSIC FARM", N.Y.
LABEL ARTWORK--Courtesy of Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
LINER NOTES--Adi Kesava Swami

SPECIAL THANKS TO GEORGE HARRISON, ALICE COLTRANE, TURIYASANGITANANDA, STEVIE WONDER AND NEIL DIAMOND FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO ISKCON PROJECTS

1978 ISKCON INC.
GOVINDA RECORDS, 340 W. 55th ST., NEW YORK, N.Y. 10019





SIDE A:



EVERYTHING YOU SEE IS ME 3:40
QUESTIONS IN MY MIND 2:52
A PERFECT LOVE 3:38
JUST FOR BELIEVING 4:36

download






SIDE B:



CHANTING 4:55
WITHIN THE SOUND 3:45
WHEN WILL THE DAY COME 3:58
THE DREAM IS OVER 4:29

download

Everything You See Is Me

Of lights
I am the sunshine
Of stars
I am the moon
I am splendor
I am victory
Everything you see is Me.

Of life
I am the living
Of death
I am Time
I am the seasons turning
I am flower-bearing spring.

I am splendor
I am victory
Everything rests on Me,
But still I am free.

I am the wind
I am the sea
All beings are in Me
But I am not them.

Of secret things
I am silence
Of sounds
I am the Om
I am the wind
I am the sea
Everything you see is Me.

Of men
I am the monarch
Of strength
I am the strong
I am wisdom
I am memory
Everything you see is Me.



EDITOR'S NOTE: OK, I get it...these guys are the Krishnic version of Steely Dan with some Bee Gees tossed in and a few Stevie Wonder affects. Yeah, I name-dropped. So did they on their SPECIAL THANKS list citing such dignitaries of the note as Geo. Harrison, Stevie Wonder and Neil Diamond. All personal friends of mine as well. Seriously, on all things I said. This one didn't win me over though the cover art is fairly poignant.

No comments: