THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, February 27, 2009

A FIT OF RAGE


by David Neil Cline


GAZOCHTAHAGEN RECORDS
70609XA
1987
STEREO


During the past decade, D.N.C. has developed a style that has been considered by many to be both distinctive and progressive.

A veteran of the highly competitive night club scene, he was led to the conclusion that the only way to gain recognition was to put out a product displaying his abilities.

Prior to the release of this album, his efforts were greatly rewarded as the formation of Detroit's most innovative new rock band "Trama" emerged from the depths of the competition.

Copyright 1987 All rights reserved
Unauthorized Duplication is a Violation of Applicable Laws.

album design: karen koziatek





SIDE A:



U
I've Been Told
Bad Attitude

download





SIDE B:



Metal Rules
False Reality

download



EDITOR'S NOTE: no relation to Patsy, I'm assuming! But all the better if he were. I mean, who doesn't love Patsy Cline? This local Detroit boy is pretty damn hardcore and I'm liking it. It breaks up the monotony of all of these happy records I've been listing. Plus the guy can play and put a song together pretty well. Considering that this EP was put out in 1987 it sounds very fresh. Not that I'm a metal maven but this sounds contemporary to what Metallica and bands like that were doing in the late 90s. Maybe I need to listen to more metal. Yeah...I think I'll pass unless they are indies like this. Great cover art as well. And to think...I bought this gem at a rummage sale for a dime.

2 comments:

Culture Of None said...

this one is AWESOME. I remember it was very aggressively promoted in the Detroit area upon release, lots of print ads esp. in Jam Rag.

R. O. said...

I need to re-up this album on the new servers!