THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, May 31, 2009

MAHARISHI MAHESH YOGI


Speaks


WORLD PACIFIC/LIBERTY RECORDS
WPS-21446
Circa late 1960's/early 1970s


Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
the Beatles' spiritual teacher speaks
to the youth of the world on
Love and the untapped source
of Power that lies within


SIDE A:



Love


SIDE B:



The Untapped Source of Power That Lies Within



Editor's note: I have to say, you'd need to be looking for salvation in a very urgent way to be able to listen to this claptrap! Seriously, listening to this sermon on "love" makes me more internally violent than seeing war scenes. At least war makes sense: you want what somebody else has so you kill them. Simple logic. But what's with all this prattle? Sure, sure, all you need is love but what about when you already have enough love do you still have to hear about it? Grrr...

1 comment:

Dirk Bill said...

Too bad there are no links; I would love to hear this. My sister was in a band that warmed up the Beach Boys on tour about the time of this record, and after meeting some of the backup band (who were also on board with Yogi), I decided to give TM a try, along with one of my best friends and his mother (!). Of course, when it was discovered I had the same mantra as my friend's mother (!!), I was more than disappointed. I wasted a perfectly good handkerchief, fresh fruit and flowers on that silly ritual. Nothing wrong with meditation, it seems beneficial generally, but I realized I didn't need middlemen anymore. I guess that turned out to be a good thing.