THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Monday, April 13, 2009

POOR BUTTERFLY TRIO




DUODISC
October 15, 1947


Susie Williams - Piano
Carlton Smith - Clarinet
Bill Baer - Bass
Somebody Who Smoked a Big Cigar's Kid - Intro.



Editor's note: side two (at least date-wise) of the one passable acetate disc. I had to convert this from 45 to 78 and there's a glitch at some point in the transmission that lasts for a second or two. Or maybe that's the other recording. Anyway, this is part of the "Joe Fava" related acetates I found in an album at a thrift store. The quality is poor but I guess that's common with these things.

1 comment:

Dirk Bill said...

I think these might be the result of a home recording machine. I have some from my uncle whose dad recorded in his living room. I commented on the Joe Fava post thinking the keyboard might be Don Preston of the Mothers (I wish). These are likely done after WWII if my technology timeline is even close.