THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

JOURNEY TO THE MOON


Music by Sound of Genesis/Narration by Victor Jay


BUDDAH RECORDS
BDS 5045
1969
STEREO




SIDE A:



Journey to the Moon
LIFT OFF: Mystery of Space
The Computer
LUNAR LANDING: Moon Plaque
Space Rock

download


SIDE B:



A Walk on the Moon
LUNAR WALK: Empty, Void
Nineteen Ninety-Nine
LIFT OFF & RETURN: Sea of Tranquility

download



Editor's note: I think I'm done typing up the entire jacket liner notes. Not because I think it's superfluous but rather it's time consuming! I think I should spend more time on making money and then I can buy a better camera and that would eliminate the necessity to type in longhand what can be transferred via visual means. Anyhow, the record is a winner. TV show theme music combined with actual footage of a faux historical event make this a sci-fi dream. Kinda like the soundtrack to nobody's life with an actor playing Nobody. What the hell am I talking about?

4 comments:

Scott said...

Thank you SO much for posting this! I had it recorded on a cassette as a kid but haven't seen it in years.

I'm having trouble downloading Side B though. Is there any chance you can refresh that one?

Thanks again!

the said...

Sure Scott, done.

Scott said...

So fast! Again, thank you for this. It's a real blast from the past.

Dirk Bill said...

Good grief! This should be playing on a loop at Artie Ripp's gravesite.