THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, July 18, 2009

RETURN TO HAWAII


by Larry Rivera


COCO PALM RECORDS
LSP-1030
Circa 1960s
STEREO


SIDE A:



WAIALEALE
LETTERS OF ALOHA
COCNUTS
PUKA PUKA ROAD
THE LEGEND OF KALALAU
I'LL BE LEAVING TOMORROW

download


SIDE B:



TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE
SAN FRANCISCO LEI
JENNIFER
IT'S YOUR LIFE
CHARISSE
HAWAII I'M COMING HOME

download



Editor's note: this dude wrote some songs for the King. No, the real King, Elvis. Which, to me, isn't that impressive because I never got into the King or that other King who recently passed away. But we're talking about a whole different creature here. These songs are by a Hawaiian but aren't particularly Hawaiian by any means. So, I'm not really sure what to say about it other than it's half lounge music and partly Hawaiian influenced pop music. I might be mistaken and not because of the splotch on his forehead but doesn't this guy kinda look Indian? He kinda sounds it too. The mysteries will have to linger because info is scarce on the man.

No comments: