THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, February 05, 2009

SAMMY JOHNS


by Sammy Johns


GENERAL RECORDING CORPORATION
GA 5003
1973





SIDE A:



Early Morning Love
Chevy Van
Jenny
Rag Doll
Hang My Head And Moon

download


SIDE B:



Friends of Mine
America
Holy Mother, Aging Father
Let The Sun Shine
Way Out Jesus

download



Editor's note: this record is hardly rare or obscure and produced a hit single in "Chevy Van" but I like the cover art so in it goes. Plus, I don't actively seek out country albums and this one was no exception as I actually thought it was an indie folk record. It sounds as much folk as it does country so leave the difference to Johns himself. Are you excited yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great collection! I know these are only for personal use, but it's a shame you seem to have saved the stereo albums in mono. Doesn't do them justice. Otherwise a great site.

the said...

Personal indeed. Most of the sites like mine have been terminated by record companies claiming copyright violation. I've only had one issue in all the years. I intend to keep it that way by not pirating music to people who are too cheap to buy the records.