THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

BREAKDANCE


The Best Music For Breaking


K-TEL RECORDS
NU 3360
1983
STEREO





SIDE A:



WHEELS OF STEEL - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
ELECTRIC KINGDOM - Twilight 22
POP GOES MY LOVE - Freez
ROCKIT - B. T. & The City Slickers
JOYSTICK - Dazz Band
TOUR DE FRANCE - 10-Speed

download



SIDE B:



ELECTRIC SHOCKS - Alex & The City Crew
SPACE WALK ACTION - Alex & The City Crew
RAP-O-TITION - Alex & The City Crew
SCRATCH WALK - Alex & The City Crew
BOOGIE HEAD- Alex & The City Crew
LET ELECTRO BEAT MAKE YOUR BODY MOVE - Alex & The City Crew
THE NEW YORK CITY BREAKERS - Michael Holman

download



Editor's note: nice...one side gets you into the music and the other side tells you how to physically interpret it. Though that POP GOES MY LOVE song is a little suspect for the task at hand. Sure, it's okay for the hand-jive maybe but not for the moonwalk, break dancing or the electric boogie! I sure have missed these songs. I mean, I never listened to this when it was IN so I basically missed the whole trend. Did I really suffer for the lack of experience?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the tagline for this blog is "the soundtrack of nobody's life" but this album actually was significant to my boyfriend. We were talking about a song by Grandmaster Flash and he told me he had a ridiculous breakdance album with a song of his on it from the 80s. I searched and found this blog after a few attempts -- what a great blog concept! How great that he could listen to an album that his parents bought him at K-Mart when he was probably no more than 8 years old. Thanks so much for this blog!

R. O. said...

Thank God for thrift stores, eh? Glad you had some use for it.

memphismedia@live.com said...

want to trade this for my Nazareth "love hurts" LP?
memphismedia@live.com

the said...

^^^Haha. No!

Anonymous said...

WOW! THANK YOU AS I FOUND THIS YEARS AGO ONLY TO BE SAD WHEN THE RECORD WAS MISSING FROM THE SLEEVE.

LATER FOUND IT AGAIN BUT NO INSTRUCTION MANUAL. AH SUCH A BUMMER, DUDE!

MUCH APPRECIATE THE DIGITAL RIP!!!