THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

CIRCUS ANIMALS


by Cold Chisel


ELEKTRA RECORDS
E1-60119
1982
STEREO


SIDE A:



YOU GOT NOTHING I WANT 3:16
BOW RIVER 4:22
FOREVER NOW 4:25
TAIPAN 3:54
HOUNDOG 5:03


SIDE B:



WILD COLONIAL BOY 4:50
NO GOOD FOR YOU 3:15
NUMBERS FALL 4:45
WHEN THE WAR IS OVER 4:24
LETTER TO ALAN 5:24



Editor's note: apparently these guys are/were something in the Outback. Lead by Jim Barnes (We know him as Jimmy Barnes; well...I do...sorta) this volatile band did lots of fighting and chart-topping in their homeland (though I believe that a few of the guys are from elsewhere). Jimmy Barnes has a level of fame as a solo artist though I'm not sure that most Americans would know of him if not for his duet with INXS on "Good Times". I'm not convinced that anybody knows what the hell I'm talking about so I'll just say that this album is an up-tempo, though sometimes ponderous, rock project geared to an 80s sound with piano and synths strapped to their form of a buzzsaw. Basically, Bad Company at the end of their run. They have an AC/DC-like seasoning to them as well that pops up now and again.

No comments: