THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, August 14, 2009

HELLO HOLLEY!


by Danny Holley


PAMPA RECORDS
AR-607
Circa late 1960s/early 1970s
STEREO





SIDE A:



MAN WITHOUT LOVE
I KNOW A PLACE
YELLOW BIRD
COLONEL BOGEY'S MARCH
THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

download


SIDE B:



L. DAVID SLOAN
LARA'S THEME (DR. ZHIVAGO)
BABY, THE RAIN MUST FALL
THIS IS MY SONG
STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE

download



Editor's note: well Hello Danny Holley! Teen wurlitzerkind. Little King of the Hammond. Heir to the throne of Eddie Munster look-a-likes. This kid seriously rocked out on this album. This kid is also now a man and rocking out on a different plane. When I googled the name, found the site and saw the pictures of him as he is now, I knew it at first glance but had to confirm my inklings with a few mouse clicks. Sure enough, he's still alive and kicking. There's a biography of him on the link above as well as links/info on other projects he has worked on. He'll even do commission work and write a song for you. You'll have to settle on that and mid-range mp3 files because I'm not parting with the signed copy of this fine DIY organ jamfest.

PS...ironically enough, Bob Seger also recorded at Pampa Studios in Warren, Michigan, which was directly behind the Pampa bowling alley. Legend has it that there are three spots on the "Live Bullet" album where the crack of pins can be heard.

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

I have an autographed album hello holley, and just wondered if it was worth anything

R. O. said...

Toss it up on eBay and let me know if it sells!

Danny Holley said...

Well, here I am listening to my own recording! This is Danny Holley here. And I am still very much alive and kicking!! I do not see any resemblance to Eddie Munster! I sold so many of these at the Top Supper Club in Windosr, Ontario, that I quickly made two more LP's, "Christmas Holley" and "Love Is Music." And believe it or not, I am still getting requests to purchase these LPs, that I have had digitized. Thanks for "keeping me current!!" Danny Holley

R. O. said...

DANNY! Funny that you mention your other albums because I have your LOVE IS MUSIC LP cued up to post on Friday (yeah, I'm kinda obsessed with this blog thing and have stuff ready to post a week or two in advance). I'd love to find the Xmas album too. Thanks for your comment!

Brooke said...

I also have an autographed copy of this vinyl. I emailed him and he didnt remeber the kids whom he autograpthed it to..Nice guy I saw it unsigned on ebay for 250.00 a few years ago.

R. O. said...

Danny Holley is a man of the people. When I finally find his Christmas album I will be officially part of the Cult of Holley.

Anonymous said...

Was a huge fan when I would see him in Windsor back in my high school years. This has been great finding this site, who knows maybe I'll start playing the organ again :-)
So happy he is still touching the world with his music. Take care.
Patricia

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

DO IT! Practice up on the organ, cut a record and slap it on vinyl. I'll buy a copy if you make a DIY cover.

Dawn said...

Danny played at my first wedding back in 1967, Grosse Pointe. Many good times with Danny, my Mom loved him, like a brother to me.

Buzz said...

I have your signed "Hello Holley" and your rare "Christmas album" in excellent condition and also on reel to reel....