THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

ONCE AROUND LIFE


by Schlitz Beer


SCHLITZ BREWING CO.
SS23904-01
1972
STEREO





SIDE A:



Basic 2:25
Baroque Rock :60
Soft Ballad :60
Jazz Rock :60
Group Ballad :60
Country Ballad :60
Pop Rhythm and Blues :60
Instrumental with Chorus :60
Reggae :60
Gospel Rhythm/Blues :60
Group Rhythm/Blues :60

download


SIDE B:



Basic :60
Jazz Rock :30
Instrumental with Chorus :30
Gospel Rhythm and Blues :30
Basic :30
Overture 6:00

download



Editor's note: I'm guessing that these are commercial spots seeing as they are about a half minute to a minute long each, but I suppose that it could be a concept of album with a not-so-subtle subliminal message. It must have worked because I slavishly typed out :60 a dozen times just because the record stated that as the time instead of 1:00. Oh yeah, the newly re-juvenated Schlitz is pretty good. Try it.

3 comments:

Paul said...

In the early 1970s, my dad had a friend who worked at Schlitz in Milwaukee (where else, I guess). He must have given this LP to him. Somehow it ended up in my records. When I was in College at Madison in the late 1980s, I would drive my friends nuts playing different tracks off this album. It is amusing... the same jingle, in ~15 different musical styles. I really appreciated the "Baroque".

Paul said...

Leaving a second comment just in case you even have this record any longer given this post was 4 years ago...

I see my first year college dorm roommate every once in awhile, and one thing he brings up is how incessantly I played the first two tracks off of this LP (probably because they reminded me of my childhood, and in no small part just to annoy him).

Anyway, I wanted to send him tracks one and two. I downloaded the mp3 you have posted here, but unfortunately, it seems like the recording you took from the record is the Left channel recorded in stereo (so two stereo channels both of left). It isn't tremendously noticeable (probably due to the stereo technology at the time), but the "Baroque" (track #2) is missing the front vocals (you only hear the instrumentation and backing vocals).

Not only would I love a copy of this for myself (I lost the LP long long ago), but if I emailed my dorm roommate with those two songs, his memory of our 1987 dorm days would be triggered and he might become unhinged at recalling how irritating this album was to him.

You probably don't even have this record anymore (you may not even keep this blog up anymore), and if you did, I am sure you don't have time to run RCA cables out of your receiver and into the PC to capture an audio stream.... but if you do have the LP, equipment, time, and would like the thrill of being an accomplice in driving my former roommate crazy with an audio memory from nearly 30 years ago... I would greatly appreciate it.

The first two tracks are what I really wanted, but if it was easier to just re-recorded side 1, that would be terrific.

If you want to respond my email is neurozap.shout@gmail.com,

Thanks!!!

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul said...

I have been reading the rest of your site.... you are quite funny.