THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, July 25, 2009

PORT SAID: MUSIC OF THE MIDDLE EAST


by Mohammed El-Bakkar and His Oriental Ensemble


AUDIO FIDELITY
AFLP 1833
1957
STEREO (I think)


SIDE A:



Port Said
Sauda Sauda
Bint Il Green
Banat Iskandria
Al Jazayair
Hela Hope

download


SIDE B:



Haun Meelee
Balady
Rahks Port Said
Hygalo
Geena Ghanneelak
Ah Ya Zain

download



Editor's note: I've always liked Arabic music though I find that most of it sounds the same. Which means an album's worth of music suffices my ear-full for a year or two. Woah man...I didn't even notice until I checked Amazon that the girl on the album is supposed to have only pasties on and apparently somebody has drawn a dress on our babe. Let's see if I can correct this! There we go. Even if now it looks like she has tan lines. Nobody hides boobs from us! Errr...ummm...I mean women are liberated and can do what they want with their bodies!

No comments: