THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, September 12, 2009

FLYIN' HYE!


Armernian Songs & Dances by Robert Takoushian & His Ensemble


MONITOR RECORDS
MFS 824
1985
STEREO


SIDE A:



MARIAM 3:43
SEERA HARYEM/HAMPARTZOUM YAYLA 4:35
CHUCKNAGH YERAZ 4:12
GARDAGAN BAR 2:17
ARI, SHOOSHIG JON 3:13
CROSSROADS THEME 4:04

download


SIDE B:



HEY VALLA 4:43
NEYIM AMAN 2:38
IM SIRELI 3:17
SEPASTIA BAR 4:05
DICRANAGERTSI HOP 4:04
FLYIN' HYE 3:21

download



Editor's note: firstly, when you think of 80s music an Armenian with a big old smile and a fancy, adorned guitar isn't your first impression but that's because you haven't been FLYIN' HYE! Literally!

Secondly, I can see why so many ethnic groups are into dancing because this album rocks. Myself, I'd probably fly off into a drunken rage before I danced whatever dance is expected of the Armenians but that's because I'm a disrespecting dolt and not any indictment of the music. It's kind of like polka but without so much pale skin and a more verbose(musically) rhythm section. Kinda Arabic polka, don't ya think? Again, I have no clue what I'm talking about so just ignore the commentary.

No comments: