THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FUTURE PROSPECT


by Future Prospect



DAN SIEGEL PRODUCTIONS
DSP-7001
1987
STEREO


SIDE A:



40 LOVE 3:52
BORDER TOWN 3:17
IN SEARCH OF PROPER I.D. 4:09
HIGH TECH AGES 4:06

download


SIDE B:



COLLAGE 4:16
FUTURE PROSPECT 4:24
SPRING SNOW 4:59
ANITA 4:12

download



Editor's note: man, I hate don't get jazz! Especially the neo-jazz which I think some call smoooooth jazz. It doesn't resonate at all with me. I've always said that jazz was filled with failed classical musicians but now I must revise that statement to say, "...and those who weren't melancholy enough to sing the blues." These guys all sound like great musicians and if you dissect it part by part, it is in fact excellent music. But it doesn't "speak" to me, say, like a pizza or Ruby Paulk does. Too many feel-good collaborators in a downer world.

No comments: