THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DEEP RELAXATION: A SLEEP TEACHING RECORD


by Franklyn Maccormack


STANFORD INSTITUTE
Generic Label/Yellow Vinyl
Circa 1950s





SIDE A:



download


SIDE B:



download



Editor's note: no...none of the artwork above is part of this record. It is a yellow piece of wax with a generic label and cover. It is also one of my favorite LPs of all time. An offer of $50 for less than 15 minutes of record seemed like a bargain and so I sold it a few years back. Luckily, I was smart enough to make an mp3 of it. The organ in the background steals the show for me. The narrator was a Chicago DJ who broadcasted over-nights on the radio reading poetry and playing relaxing music. Apparently he was successful because he also sold millions of records. Anyhow, this is a hard find that I didn't know was a rarity because I came across it in my first few days of serious record scouting. Hell, I thought that I'd find a few more by now. Ah- well, I'll see you again someday old yellow waxer.

No comments: