THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

DON LONIE TALKS AGAIN


by Don Lonie


WORD RECORDS
W-3278-LP
1960s
MONO





SIDE A:



download


SIDE B:



download



Editor's note: I'm sure that Mr. Lonie was regularly called Mr. Looney by the school kids where he gave his speeches but the guy is pretty good regardless of your religious bent. He got a few silly chuckles out of me and a few cringes as well when he projected his voice above the sound of thunder. And to think that this giant of a man-speaker once lived 15 miles or so from me! I was just in Southfield yesterday too and channeled Don through the great antennae at WXYZ-TV.





video

3 comments:

Wenchzilla said...

My mother probably still has this album somewhere along with the original "Don Lonie Talks To Teenagers". My brother and I used to listen to them all the time growing up. Thanks for sharing!

R. O. said...

Gotta love Don Lonie! Did you listen to him for inspiration or as a joke?

Anonymous said...

wow my mum got these records for me, i liked the fun but the message stuck,. thanks for the blast form the past,....