THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, October 09, 2009

GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT


by Rocky Barra


BARRATONE RECORDS
BSL 1002
Circa 1960s/70s
STEREO


SIDE A:



GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT
BURNING LOVE
I FORGOT TO REMEMBER
I FEEL SO BAD
RIP IT UP
YOU BELONG TO ME
SLOW DOWN

download


SIDE B:



GOOD OLD ROCK & ROLL
BECAUSE I'M WEAK I MUST BE STRONG
SHE'S LOOKIN' GOOD
DON'T TIE ME UP
SNOWBALL SERENADE
You Cheated You Lied
The Diary
Donna
Silhouettes
Angel Baby
The Great Pretender

download



Editor's note: while I'm not exactly impressed by an album of half Elvis cover songs and another side of classics I guess you come to expect such a thing from the man behind the popular Elvis fanzine "Strictly Elvis." He was a fan of the music and emulated it into a wax cylinder. There's no crime in that. Even if there is the blue filtered front cover art exonerates him. A nice micro-label release. Mr. Barra now leads the Connection Church in Canton, MI as its pastor.


No comments: