THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

GREAT GHOST STORIES




TROLL RECORDS
50-002
1973
STEREO


SIDE A:



THE MYSTERIOUS SHIPWRECK
THE GOLDEN ARM

download


SIDE B:



THE GUITAR PLAYER
HERE WE GO!

download



Editor's note: although these are the least "scary" stories of the Troll Record series that I have, they are still greatly entertaining and well-narrated. With all of the goof-ball stuff out these days it's no wonder that kids have been rendered basically brain-dead intellectually, though technically advanced. Everything has to be kewl and nothing cerebral gets by without a gimmick attached to it. Oh well, my daughter will probably shun these records when she's old enough to make up her own mind.

4 comments:

Susan Bigley said...

I was looking at a friends globe of the world the other day and saw Surinam in South American and this "Great Ghost Stories" Album popped into my mind. I remember I used to listen to this over and over and know every word! My favorite story is "The Guitar Player". I just listened to it here, what a blast from the past I LOVE iT!! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

This is a great record, I used to love listening when I was younger. Have always loved spooky stories and anything creepy! Not sure why. Spooky Scary Stories was one of my favorites. Does anyone know which voice actor narrated which story?

EFlorczyk26 said...

On the record it tells which one narrated the stories. I have the spooky scary stories and I have weird tales.

the said...

That it does. And now it will be re-upped. Enjoy.