THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MINIMUM WAGE ROCK & ROLL


by the Bus Boys


ARISTA RECORDS
ALB6-8324
1980
STEREO





SIDE A:



DR. DOCTOR
MINIMUM WAGE
DID YOU SEE ME?
THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
JOHNNY SOUL'D OUT
KKK

download


SIDE B:



ANGGIE
D DAY
TELL THE COACH
WE STAND UNITED
RESPECT

download



Editor's note: a few years back when I cleaned out my record collection this was one of the casualties and for some reason -- as average as this record was/is -- I had to find it again. When I finally found it I let out a chuckle and proceeded on with my dollar store findings. A b-side black version of early XTC after they let go of the steam pianist Barry Andrews and brought in Dave Gregory. Let me reiterate B-SIDE and leaning towards C-SIDE! "Did You See Me?" and "KKK" are the stand-outs for completely different reasons. "KKK" is an anti-racist anthem which adds a little controversy to a pretty vanilla album. "Did You See Me?" is basically a new wave track and stands out like a sore flange. The rest of the album is a potpourri of just about all styles of pop/rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! One of my all time favorite lps...i have the vinyl but no record player! been searching for this off and on for at least 7 years! thanks again...check it out, its good, especially Dr. Doctor, plus I played bass for the guitar player Victor when he appeared at a club in Philly a looog while back!!

Walfunk

Anonymous said...

I would also like to thank you very much! I have their tape titled "American Worker" and wanted more of their material. They were just such a great band!