THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, November 15, 2009

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY


by Candle and the Agapeland Singers


BIRDWING RECORDS
BWR-2024
1980
STEREO





SIDE A:



Hurry Hurry
There's a Party
What Can We Give to the King?
Snowflake
Hallelujah, Peace on Earth
Gift of Love
I Will Shine, I Will Sing

download





SIDE B:



Can't Help Peekin'
Hear the Chimes
It's a Great Day
Ballerina
Sparkle
Rejoice

download



Editor's note: if a cartoon-voiced singer and kids chorusing to Jesus wasn't enough for you then how about a gatefold comic! Yay! Hosanna! Hosanna! Why a leprechaun is passing along the message of Christ is beyond me but I suppose that it's better than Achmed the Dead Terrorist preaching the gospel.



Anyhow, this record kind of perplexes me. Is it a b-day birthday album or a Christ Birthday Christmas album with non-Christmas songs? I originally bought it for my 30 days of Xmas presentation which will start on Black Friday but it doesn't really seem to be a holiday record. Yeah, like you care.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

I would like to know if you have the accompaniment tape of "The Birthday Party" Christmans musical.

Thank you,
Ingrid

R. O. said...

I have no clue what that is so I guess the answer is NO!

Anonymous said...

Dude, the leprechaun is Barry McGuire!