THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, November 27, 2009

GOD JUL: A MERRY SWEDISH CHRISTMAS


with the Marcus Osterdahls Choir, Orchestra & Solists


PETERS INTERNATIONAL
PLD 2024
1973
STEREO




SIDE A:



SANCTA LUCIA (SANCTA LUCIA)
DET STAR ETT LJUS I OSTERLAND (A STAR SHINES IN THE EAST)
ETT BARN AR FOTT (A CHILD IS BORN)
STILLA NATT (SILENT NIGHT)
VAR HALSAD SKONA MORGONSTUND (ALL HAIL, THOU RADIANT MORNING STAR)
NAR JULDAGSMORGON GLIMMAR (WHEN CHRISTMAS MORNING DAWNS)

download


SIDE B:



NU AR DET JULIGEN (IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN)
HEJ TOMTEGUBBAR (HEY, TOMTE ELVES)
VI SKA STALLA TILL EN ROLIGER DANS (LET'S START A JOLLY DANCE)
VI ARO MUSIKANTER (WE ARE MUSCIANS)
JUNGFRUN HON GAR I DANSEN (THE YOUNG MAIDEN JOINS THE DANCE)
POTPOURRI (MEDLEY)

download



Editor's note: the recording sounds a little warped to me. Literally and not because of the odd umlauts above some letters. The sound appears to slow in spots or it could just be my eggnog hangover. There...I did some surgery on the center hole and that seems to have alleviated the slowing issue. Anyhow, lots of Christmas tunes that I've never heard before in English or Swedish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our family has played this record for as long as I can remember on St. Lucia Day (Dec.13th) and Christmas. The holidays would not be the same without it.