THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Monday, December 14, 2009

CHANUKAH IN SONG AND STORY


narrated by Albert H. Arkus
musical arrangement/vocals by Seymour Silbermintz



REENA RECORDS
A 107
Circa Early 1950s
78 RPM



SIDE A:



download


SIDE B:



download



Editor's note: yeah, I know, Chanukah started last Saturday. Too bad I only have one record for the holiday and thus it gets played on 45 Monday. Which was an odd enough revelation that 7" records used to be 78s! I mean, I never knew that they made 7" back then. Anyhow, the label is half-peeled off on the A side and reveals another label for a record in the Reena Holiday Record series. Listening to this at 33 1/3 gives me no clues as to what it actually is. I guess I'll find out when I Gold Wave it. Mozoltov!

4 comments:

Darkman said...

Hi...
Thanks for this one!

But please, can you re-upload Side 2 .. as Side 1's link is the only one that's still alive..

thanks

Darkman said...

Would be nice to get Side 2 .. in time for Chanukah :)

Any chance?

the said...

It took me a while to find it but there you go.

Darkman said...

thanks ...

appreciated :)