THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

MERRILL WOMACH SINGS CHRISTMAS CAROLS


by Merrill Womach


NEW LIFE RECORDS
LP6801
1979
STEREO





SIDE A:



O Come, All Ye Faithful 3:32
Silent Night 4:32
Joy To The World 1:44
The First Noel 3:38
I Wonder As I Wander 3:45
O Holy Night 3:53

download


SIDE B:



Hark! The Herald Angels Sing 2:34
Away In A Manger 2:15
What Child Is This 3:48
The Birthday Of A King 2:39
Star Carol 3:07
Gesu Bambino 4:35
O Little Town Of Bethlehem 3:18

download



Editor's note: a big big big voice for a record collector if only due to his disfigurement from a plane crash that Mr. Womach survived. Yeah, that's his big claim to fame with most vinyl enthusiasts and I'd be lying if I didn't keep a watchful eye out for him as well. It's a curious story made better by the fact that his faith was not borne of his tragedy. Not that I'm a religious person but it's nice to see that he wasn't converted by circumstance. A nice record either way.

2 comments:

Culture Of None said...

I have an early LP by M. Womach entitled 'Merrill Womach sings "My Song" - The One-Man Chorus'...it is a pre-plane crash effort that confirms his faith before the tragedy. I found it years after initially collecting the later discs like the one you've featured here.

R. O. said...

Does it show his picture? I'd like to see what he looks like pre-crash!