THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, December 03, 2009

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS


by Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians


MCA RECORDS
MCA-15016
1940s?
MONO?





SIDE A:



JINGLE BELLS
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN
'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

download


SIDE B:



ADESTE FIDELIS
BEAUTIFUL SAVIOUR
THE FIRST NOWELL/O, LITTLE TOWN OF BETHLEHEM/CAROL OF THE BELLS
CANTIQUE DE NOEL
OH GATHERING CLOUDS
SILENT NIGHT

download



Editor's note: this is hardly an obscurity but more of an homage? OK, I'm lying...I stuck a classic in here for those of you who actually know of Fred Waring and his gang. A rather impressively performed record if I must say so myself. Though, obviously not an original printing it sounds old, regal and refined, which it is. Also, I have no clue as to what that "wooop, woop" sound is on parts of SIDE B. Haha. Odd.