THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS


by The Caroleers


DIPLOMAT RECORDS
SX 1720
1960s
STEREO




SIDE A:



'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
CHRISTMAS HYMN
GOOD KING WENCESLAS
GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN
GATHER AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE
NOW LIGHT ONE THOUSAND CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
MARCH OF THE KINGS
SING WE NOW OF CHRISTMAS

download


SIDE B:



THE SHEPHERDS' CAROL
I WONDER AS I WANDER
RISE UP SHEPHERD AND FOLLOW
AWAY IN A MANGER
CHRIST WAS BORN ON CHRISTMAS DAY
SOFTLY THE NIGHT IS SLEEPING
CANTIQUE DE NOEL
LET OUR GLADNESS KNOW NO END
RING OUT WILD BELLS

download



Editor's note: a bit crackle-y, 'tis it not? All the better say the old-timers who used to sit by the voice box and listen to the crackle of war, wine-worn music and reality by the fireplace when there was nothing left of the day. Imagine that while you warm yourself with a space heater, a Snuggie and a spicy can of Red Bull.

1 comment:

gog said...

I want to thank you for these excellent xmas albums, I downloaded most of them. I actually hate xmas, but I enjoy playing xmas music incessantly from about nov 11 onward, to the point where it is like I am punishing everyone with the torment of empty, vapid sentimentality. It wiorks especially well if you use the type of mid-century elevator music-style recordings like you offer here. Also I play my xmas muzak playlists on all 3 of my stereos simultaneously, but not in sinc, so as to add to the sense of cdisorientation and excess that I hope to convey. Keep up the good work fella, I honestly appreciate it!