THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, January 09, 2010

A GI'S GERMANY! IN SOUND AND MUSIC


narrated by John Hart


DOCUMENTARY RECORDS
LP 900
1962
STEREO





SIDE A:



INTRODUCTION
BREMERHAVEN SEQUENCE
BEER HALL MUSIC SEQUENCE
LANGUAGE SECTION
BAVARIAN MUSIC EXCERPTS

download








SIDE B:



INTRODUCTION
MILITARY SECTION
INSIDE MUNICH'S HOFBRAUHAUS
TRANSPORTATION SEQUENCE
MUSS I DENN
DU KANNST NICHT TREU SEIN
DEPARTURE SEQUENCE

download



Editor's note: I have to admit zoning out about one-third of the way through side a but having caught bits and pieces I wasn't particularly entertained. But I promised the lady at the thrift store that I would post this in about 3 weeks or so. It's been about a month so here it is if you're looking in ma'am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't thank you enough for this LP! My father was a paratrooper in the U.S. Army and I was an army brat and born in Munich in 1957! I actually live in Michigan now, but I just had to get this LP cuz it looked so interesting to me. I especially love the picture on the cover and might be able to incorporate the pic into some of my scrapbooking with my dad's medals & badges! Can't wait to give it a good listen and I know my dad will get a kick out of it, for sure! Really love your site! Thanks a bunch! Auf Wiedersehen.

R. O. said...

There are a few other war/military related records on the site as well. Enjoy.