THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF A SPIRIT


by The Shakers


CARLYLE RECORDS
CR-44881
1988
STEREO





SIDE A:



LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF A SPIRIT
QUEEN OF THE HAUNTED DELL

download


SIDE B:



THE HEALING HYMN
HYMN TO KATE

download



Editor's note: this is a very decent folk-rock sort of album but the distinguishing aspect of it lies in the subject matter (as you can barely but for the most part legibly read from the back cover): the Bell Witch. The Bell Witch is a well-known haunting which took place near the Tennessee-Kentucky border, a half hour north from Nashville. I have family in the area so the story is of mild interest to me but I can't say that the music moves that spirit inside me. Now, Charlie McCarthy and Edgar Bergen...that moves the inner dummy in me. Well worth a listen.

No comments: