THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, January 21, 2010

MY KIDS


by Meadowlark Lemon


CASABLANCA RECORDS
NBLP-7132
1979
STEREO





SIDE A:



Play Children Play 5:02
My Kids 3:59
Happy Bein Me 3:13
Po' Folk's Disco 4:40

download


SIDE B:



Learn to Love 3:47
God Put Love In Everybody 4:07
Make Life a Party 2:59
What Color is Your Heart? 3:11
Earthmen 6:23

download



Editor's note: who knew that Meadowlark Lemon put out an album? Not I. After hearing it you will have more probable cause just why that is. Now, some of you are probably asking, "Who the funk is Meadowlark Lemon?" He isn't Wilt Chamberlain, that's for sure, and so most likely the "my Kids" he refers likely aren't featured on the cover. As for the record itself: it's nothing spectacular but by no means is it terrible. That said, I can't think of one song besides Earthmen which does anything for me and that's only because the record is entitled "My Kids" and the Earthmen seems like a total disconnect. It still beats Madonna in the mad-morning crush of your existence, doesn't it?





No comments: