THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, February 05, 2010

GEMINI


by Sandor and Laszlo Slomovits


SOLID SOUND RECORDS
SSR 92579
1979
STEREO





SIDE A:



LIZZIE LINDSEY 5:13
HELÉLELAINE 3:53
SHARIKA 5:40
OLD LOVERS 3:23

download


SIDE B:



BONES-GUITAR DUET 4:32
ELIJAHU 2:42
TWO POEMS OF TUKARAM 2:45
ANNE'S HOUSE 6:26
PLANXTY IRWIN 2:08

download



Editor's note: from the look of these guys I thought I had walked into a couple of hippy burnouts who were playing an old folks home. Of course I also didn't bother to read the back cover and still haven't as of this posting. I never said that I was very bright or attentive! Which would account for why these guys are geniuses and I would think otherwise by merely looking at the sleeve! Not only do they perform well but their guitar playing is rather masterful in parts if an untrained ear may say as much. I could jabber on about them but there is some good biographical and "career" info on these brothers in the clippings below. Man, I love the google news archives!








No comments: