THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, February 06, 2010

HIMNO AL INCA


by Uña Ramos


PUNCH RECORDS
CO46-95055
1974
STEREO





SIDE A:



HIMNO AL INCA
AQUELLOS OJOS GRISES
EL CONDOR PASA
UN LLANTO EN EL CERRO
PLAMERAS
UÑA ANATA

download


SIDE B:



ORURENA
SEMILLAS DE OLVIDO
MI LINDA HUMAHUAQUENA
EL HUMAHUQUENO
ORACION ANDINA
NACE EL CARNAVAL

download



Editor's note: believe it or not I played the flute in elementary school for a good few weeks before an accident de-railed my musical career. I was at the school after hours with a brother and a friend who decided that we should play on the ice which had formed over the park area of the playground. The friend who was a bit chubby decided it would be fun to slide between each other's legs to make the sliding across open air ice more exciting. Well, I was very short at the time and he was too big to fit between my Y shaped bullseye and when he hit me I went head first into the ice. I felt around under my woolen cap and felt something wet. "Sweat" I thought but held it up to the light of the park light and it was as red as Mars in full view of the alien princess. Needless to say I needed stitches and ended up having bleeding in my eyeball which persisted for a week or two and I was kept out of school and missed my vital flute training. When I got back my suckiness at the flute turned into behind the rest of the class suckiness and staying after to catch up didn't appeal to me. So here I am commenting on a flute record. Some viral flute, marching band drums, a mestizo feel in parts and rain forest in others makes this a pretty listenable record. This would be good theme music for a wildlife or Indian documentary.

No comments: