THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, February 21, 2010

THE LITTLE MAN WITH THE BIG VOICE


by Hal Kennedy


CANAAN RECORDS
CA-4619/CAS-9619
1960s
STEREO





SIDE A:



Full Up--No Vacancy 2:30
That Same Road 3:11
The Answer's On The Way 1:49
Remind Me, Dear Lord 2:41
Wanted, One Mother 2:53
To My Mansion In The Sky 2:12

download


SIDE B:



I See A Bridge
Prisoner Of Love 2:23
My Mother Prayed For Me 2:53
The Breaking Of The Day 2:05
Don't Take My Cross Away 3:02
It'll All Be Over But The Shouting 2:09

download



Editor's note: I don't know if this guy is as diminutive as the moniker and the picture suggests or if he just plays an awfully large guitar and is positioned as such to make the name ring true. Either way this guy can perform. Even you non-theists can tap your foot along with these ditties.






4 comments:

caseypd63 said...

Hal is almost good enough to make me renounce my Atheistic ways. Great stuff!

R. O. said...

And to think that I passed him over for almost a year straight at some small Tennessee thrift store!

Ronald said...

Hal Kennedy came to my dad's church back in 1969. The picture of him on the album cover shows him holding the very guitar that he played most of the time at that church. He stands about 5'4" tall but when he sings if you closed your eyes you would think he was 6'3".

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you've made this available - Many, Many thanks from the UK