THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

SANDY BECKER CALLS BINGO




RCA VICTOR RECORDS
LBY-1034
1959





SIDE A:



download


SIDE B:



download



Editor's note: this goes with a game that occasionally shows up on eBay in its entirety. I've had this in my pile of records for a long while and never played it until last week. I never listen to records until I'm ready to post them because I like to be surprised. This one was a let-down in a way because even though it has parallel grooves (see the Secret Spiral link at the end of the post) a straight run through goes rather fast and the arm has to be lifted once it reaches the dead space in between tracks! Not that I needed to hear more letter number combinations but it just made me realize how annoying this game must have been. Anyhow, some son of a bitch mistook this game for Scrabble and lovingly emblazoned the cover with his favorite band: The Loving Spoonful. My guess is he did it out of madness after listening to his grandma play this on Sunday nights for years and years. In his unsound state of mind he neglected "The" and shorthanded the "Loving". I neglect both in my rendering of it as well.

Secret Spiral Record







No comments: