THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE SHAW BROTHERS GREATEST HITS VOLUME 1




BRANDYWINE RECORDS
BWS 1001
1970s
STEREO





SIDE A:



Take Me To Tomorrow 2:24
Feel To Be Free 3:25
California Bloodlines 3:08
See What Ya Done 2:37
I'll Be Alright 1:46
Cody 2:15

download


SIDE B:



Come Along 1:45
Days of Forty-Nine 5:08
Farewell To Collingford 3:15
Raspberries, Strawberries 2:30
Charmin' Betsy 2:29
Two Little Boys 2:53

download



Editor's note: for a folk song to reach me it better be exceptional in music, melody and vocally as well. These are decent songs but none of them touch me. Well, other than like some old toothless lady who used to be beautiful might but that's neither artistic or musical. What I'm saying is that to like these guys you'd have to associate with what they're saying and I don't. I'm more akin to Danny Holley or George Wright at the Mighty F-ing Wurlitzer. Both of whom will be making their next appearances in the coming weeks.








No comments: