THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SIMPLE GIFTS


by Benjamin Luxon and Bill Crofut


TIOCH RECORDS
TD 1011
1983
STEREO





SIDE A:



The Fox 1:44
Four Loom Weaver 3:37
The Foggy Dew 2:03
Turtle Dove 3:03
Old Paint - The Carter 4:27
Johnny I Hardly Knew You 5:07

download


SIDE B:



October Winds 2:36
She Moved Through the Fair 4:11
Get up and Go 2:10
Old Joe Clark 2:31
I Gave My Love an Apple - I Gave My Love a Cherry 3:48
Simple Gifts - Lord of the Dance 5:19

download




Editor's note: I've had this record for at least a year and recorded it for the blog at least 6 months ago but have held off until now. Why? Simply because I could not get the back cover to film in a legible manner. Which never seemed to stop me before but since I've gotten the new camera and gone back and retook many of the pictures that sucked the blurry ones just won't do. Plus I don't like to use flash because it leaves a farking sunspot on the cover at to me that kind of defeats the whole purpose of posting. I caved in today and took a natural light shot and a flash shot so that the sleeve could actually be read. It's not perfect it fits the sullen tone of the record. Which by the by is a pretty good listen. It seems to be many traditional songs stripped down to their original intent. Now I can sit out on the porch and drink my throwback Mountain Dew made with real sugar and whistle while I don't work.







No comments: