THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, March 13, 2010

THE CLAN MACFARLANE PIPE BAND VOL. 2




PRIVATE PRESS
WRC1-2318
1980s?
STEREO





SIDE A:



1. 6/8 Marches
Cam Ye By Atholl
Campbeltown Loch
The Hills of Glenorchy
MacDonald's March To The Wars
2. March, Strathspey and Reel
Donald Cameron
Blair Drummond
McAllister's Dirk
3. Marche Du Petre
4. Slow Air And Jigs
O'Luaidh
Beth Lyall
Stewart Chisholm's Walkabout
5. Hornpipes
Jimmy And Johnny
Matthieson's Hornpipe
The Swallowtailed Coat
The Braes Of Abernathy
6.Slow Airs And Hornpipe
Hi-Ri Ho-Ro Mo Nighneag
Carloway
The Kitchenpiper

download


SIDE B:



1. 2/4 Marches
The Memorial Bells of Inverary
Johnny Cope
I'll Gang No More To Yon Toon
2.Strathspeys And Reels
A.A. Cameron's Strathspey/Lady MacKenzie Of Fairburn
The Maids Of The Black Glen
The Duke Of Gordon's Birthday
The Highland Wedding/Forrest Lodge
Wee Alex From Fort William
3. 6/8 Marches
Lochiel's Welcome To Glasgow
I Lo' Nae A Laddie
O'er The Water To Charlie/The Top Of Ben Lomond
Neil laherty's Drake/QUeen Elizabeth's March
4. Slow Air And Hornpipe
Summertime/Hickup
Calum Baeg
5. MacCrimmon Will Never Return

download



Editor's note: after posting a record every day for over a year straight, one or two of them gets to you to the point that you want to either smash it or off yourself. This is one of them. The repetitious same-sounding aspects of this one got to me a little bit. Of course I've been nursing a cold for a week and a simultaneous mouth sore that aches whenever I chew or open my mouth so a little irritation in most things is expectant. The second side of the LP features some singing and that saved it from bodily harm. I'm pretty sure that taken in small doses this music isn't as caustic as it's making me feel right now. A further listen in more healthy times might even make me change my mind.

No comments: