THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, March 06, 2010

HAWAII CALLING


by Johnny Poi and his Surfboarders


DESIGN RECORDS
DLP-227
1965





SIDE A:



ALOHA OE
UA LIKE NOA LIKE
MAKALAPUA
PRETTY MERMAID OF THE SOUTHERN SEA
TAHU WAHU WAHI

download


SIDE B:



ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR
HILO MARCH
MY HAWAIIAN KULA LA NI
KILA KILA HALEAKALA
ALOHA OE E KUU LEI

download



Editor's note: of all the places I've ever wanted to go Hawaii isn't one of them. For one it would mean that I had to fly and I'm never flying! Secondly, despite the many physical attractions of land, mountain, volcano and miles of coastline I'd rather split time between Florida, Colorado and Yellowstone (one place that I need to get to before I croak!) and I really don't like Florida at all. Plus I don't like warm weather all that much. Anything above 65 degrees disagrees with me. I'm prone to headaches and warm to hot weather induces migraines. Give me 60-65 degrees and overcast with a light breeze and I'm happy. And seriously, isn't the ocean a bit overrated once you've seen it a few dozen times? I think so. The music here ain't bad though.

No comments: