THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

ME AND DAMMIT RAY LONG TIME FRIENDS


by Charlie Douglas


SUNSHINE COUNTRY RECORDS
SC-11830
1976
STEREO





SIDE A:



ME AND DAMMIT RAY (THE TALKING OUTHOUSE) 10:22
CHESTER BAKER 5:18
THE MULE EGG 5:35

download


SIDE B:



THE PLANTING BUGLE 10:10
OLD JOE WILSON 2:54
THE DOG SHOW 2:00
THE FAST TRUCK 1:20
CLOSE 5:50

download



Editor's note: the southern version of "BERT AND I AND OTHER STORIES FROM DOWN EAST" but with longer stories/jokes. I would say that it's also just as unfunny as the aforementioned but many people probably find both albums funny so I won't wrinkle any noses. I simply am unamused. Which isn't all that unusual seeing as I've gone to a comedy club before and laughed only twice in 2+ hours. The same goes for many comics on The Comedy Channel. I do, however, think that my 2 1/2 year old is quite the comic and she doesn't even try. Maybe that's the key with me: unintentional humor. This is quite intentional and amusing at best to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love old charlie douglas great man

Dave In Cincy said...

I love this album! I remember first listening to this in my Granpa's 1986 Chevy G20 van with him when it was brand new & he ordered this album on cassette from the Truckin' Bozo show on wlw. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

how can you buy this?

the said...

with money?