THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TIBIA & VOX


with George Wright at the Mighty Wurlitzer


HI-FIDELITY RECORDS
L1015
1965
STEREO





SIDE A:



Sweet Leilani 2:32
Juanita 2:54
Jeannine (I Dream Of Lilac Time) 2:26
Traumeri 2:38
Stars Are The Windows Of Heaven 3:27

download


SIDE B:



Isle Of Capri 3:09
The Swan 2:19
Danny Boy 3:38
Tango 2:30
Santa Lucia 2:32

download



Editor's note: a combination of things leads me to post this LP on the normally 80s and beyond designated day: a backlog of records that need to be taken from the "record pile" to the storage piles, a lack of 80s and beyond records and some sensible ideal in my head that I should post the stuff I have first before running out to buy stuff for a record blog. I think I will continue on this path for a month or two and the categories might suffer for it. Boo hoo.

On to the record! This is a more reflective George Wright than I am accustomed to from the space age looking and jamming record of his that I posted last year. If you wish to know what all this tibia and vox talk is all about then read the back cover for the technical jargon, I'm just the usher here. Now please take your seats and keep your pie holes shut until the maestro is done performing. More George Wright to come in the next few weeks as I ran into a few recordings of his recently.

No comments: