THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, March 14, 2010

WOOD HATH HOPE


Liturgical Music by John Foley, S.J.


NORTH AMERICAN LITURGICAL RESOURCES
JF78
1978
STEREO





SIDE A:



Son of David
Mighty Lord
One Bread, One Body
Our Help Is From the Lord
Come to the Water

download






SIDE B:



Wood Hath Hope
This Is the Day
The Cry of the Poor
Flowers Still Grow There
I Rejoiced When I Heard Them Say
Glory to God

download



Editor's note: the first side comes off a bit more folksy than liturgical and the second does what is expected: liturgicisizes! Surely, that isn't a word. No matter. The folksly side is a little feminine if you ask me despite the fact that male voices are the prominent ones featured. The best track on the b side is "Flowers Still Grow There" as it reminds me a bit of "Turquoise" by Donovan (which in turns makes me think of my little cherub) in the way that it's sung.



Yes, I'm a huge Donovan fan despite my anti-hippy, Pro-Capitalist, anti-New World Order mindset. No, don't try to figure it out.

No comments: