THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Thursday, May 13, 2010

AFTER THE BALL: A TREASURY OF TURN-OF-THE-CENTURY POPULAR SONGS


Joan Morris, mezzo-soprano; William Bolcom, piano


NONESUCH RECORDS
H-71304
1974
STEREO






SIDE A:



After the Ball
Good Bye, My Lady Love
A Bird in a Gilded Cage
Under the Bamboo Tree
On the Banks of the Wabash, Far Away
Those Wedding Bells Shall Not Ring Out!

download








SIDE B:



I've Got Rings on My Fingers
Come Down Ma Evenin' Star
I Don't Want to Play in Your Yard
Will You Love Me in December As You Do in May?
Meet Me in St, Louis, Louis
Love's Old Sweet Song
Waltz Me Around Again Willie
Wait 'till the Sun Shines, Nellie

download



Editor's note: a nice compilation with excellent singing and piano playing. Still, a little boring unless you're looking for a little minstrel action. I'm not and so listening is a little like work and this record is a long player. SOmebody better appreciate this!

5 comments:

Gold Leaf said...

my girlfriend just found this on vinyl and i'm really digging it, thanks so much for the upload

R. O. said...

Thank Gawd for thrift stores!

Anonymous said...

Your site is delightfully eclectic. I haven't heard Joan Morris/WilliamBolcom album in 20 years, thanks for the post.

R. O. said...

Enjoy!

gpdlt2010 said...

Thank you so much!
A delightful recording!