THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, May 16, 2010

ANOTHER WEEK TO GO


by Jonathan and Charles


INTER-VARSITY RECORDS
LPS-02498
1969
STEREO





SIDE A:



Mrs. Chisholm's Weekend 2:16
Like a Lonely Street Lamp 2:28
Songs in the Daytime 1:46
Weary and Worn 2:47
What Would You Say?
Loves You Too 2:43

download


SIDE B:



Jesus was a Pretty Good GUy 2:37
Why? 3:23
Everything's the Same 2:37
Woke up One Morning 2:25
You Call Me a Fanatic 2:17

download



Editor's note: when I saw this one in a lonely Cincinnati thrift store I knew that I would either get it or regret it because I knew it would be good. Still, I hated to pay $1 (yeah, cheap, right? I usually pay no more than 75c per record because I shouldn't be buying any more records! Rules, you see?) for it along with the other dozen records because I really don't need any more records but that's another story. I got it and it's one of the best Christian records you'll ever hear. A British invasion version of Xian folk without any apologies for either overt tendency and why should there be when it's this groovy! Not the cleanest copy but it gets the point across.

No comments: