THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A CHANGE OF HEART


by Golden Avatar


SUDARSHAN DISC
SD-1
1976





SIDE A:



WORLD BEYOND THE SKY 3:25
QUESTIONS QUESTIONS 3:45
BHAGAVAD-GITA 5:30
SEERS OF THE TRUTH 5:35
YOU'RE NOT THAT BODY 3:40

download


SIDE B:



A CHANGE OF HEART 3:00
SWETADWIP 8:15
OH GOVINDA 4:42
TIME FOR GOING HOME 6:30

download



Editor's note: I posted a similar record to this last year and they both give off a weird vibe to me. Too happy jazz fusion mixed with an all-too-rosey outlook makes me want to -- in a paraphrase of the words of the skidrow poet Charles Bukowski -- turn and vomit into the horizon. I think you get me when I say that I'm not buying into this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this album! as well as another in the same vein (Progress-Busy Making Progress).

In saying that though, i'm talking about the music & melodies rather than the po-faced, self-righteous lyrics, which offend me a little (I mean, who really has the monopoly on wisdom?).

Regardless, I love those records & play them pretty often too.

Best Wishes

Jesus Cabbage Sharples III

P.S I may or may not be a robot. That is a question i ask myself every time the oil is changed.

Anonymous said...

I had a powerful aversion to Indian instruments, until I went to India, where they make sense with the landscape. Anyway, I only mention this because most of these Hare Krishna albums are sitar heavy and to my ears back in the 1070s unlistenable. Busy Making Progress, mentioned on this page, was the one exception; an album I still miss.