THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, May 28, 2010

GERI SINGS FOR YOU


by Geri Valasco


ARCHER RECORDS
LPSP-9200
Circa 1980





SIDE A:



I'M SATISFIED
MERRY GO ROUND
THINK SPRING
WHAT'S TO BECOME OF ME
LOVIN' DON'T COME EASY

download


SIDE B:



DAY BY DAY
SPOON RIVER
AS TIME GOES BY
TODAY

download



Editor's note: I'm not sure what I was expecting of this record from a (then) stay at home mom but this wasn't it! This lady kicks some major ass. I mostly expected this to be a happy, cheery puppy dogs and kittens record but it's a very moody, pensive and soulfully folksy wandering between love, longing and life. I know that sounds corny to say but I was really impressed by this non-descript LP which screamed itself to me as a laugher in waiting. The laughs on me! I'll be looking for more indie releases from her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to know someone who doesn't know me likes my efforts musically dating back to 1976.
thanks,
geri

R. O. said...

Geri, I'm glad you found the site. If you care to update us on your music/etc feel free to do so. I'd love to hear more about your music and yourself if you feel up to it. Thanks.