THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Friday, May 07, 2010

THE NORTHEAST SINGS


by the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union


INTERNATIONAL LADIES GARMENT WORKERS UNION
ILGWU-2
1965





SIDE A:



ILGWU Anthem
The Northeast
Little Machine
Join With Us
This Is A Strike
They Can't Win
Mr. Boss
There Has Come A New Day
It's So Different With A Union
Grow, Grow

download


SIDE B:



Learn To Love
You Gotta Know The Score
Union Label
It's A Grand Feeling
So Long
Jenny
Finale

download



Editor's note: by an act of sheer stupidity I almost passed this record up at a thrift store near Cincinnati that I only get to every few months due to scheduling conflicts on my way back from Nashville. I thought it was a religious record and flipped past it but had a change of heart and went back and read that it was actually a union record. I don't come across many of those or any for that matter and thought better to leave it there for some other vulture. What a nice proletariat musical we have here. Sing the Internationale and all that blather. Hail, hail the people! Despite the message this is one of my favorite finds in a long while. Love that cover!

1 comment:

caseypd63 said...

Yeah you're damn lucky that I didn't get to Cincinnati before you did. This is definitely a top ten find. Lucky bastard!