THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LET'S PRETEND: THE LITTLE MERMAID / ONE EYE, TWO EYES, THREE EYES




STEREO DIMENSION RECORDS
TG 118
1970
STEREO





SIDE A:



THE LITTLE MERMAID

download


SIDE B:



ONE EYE, TWO EYES, THREE EYES

download



Editor's note: Uncle Ted, eh? This is hardly a Ted Nugent album! A classic fairy record that's part of a larger series of 25 LPs. I saw a few others when I bought this one but they weren't in the greatest shape so I passed on them. Wow, so mermaids don't have souls? Looks like they have something in common with big-legged women, eh Robert Plant?

As for the second story, ONE EYE, TWO EYES, THREE EYES...ummm...yeah! What a sicko story this one is. I don't think a child today could handle such a story without becoming a serial killer or maybe I'm just being a little too dramatic.

3 comments:

KL from NYC said...

Thanks for this one (I think...actually, I'm not sure yet. One eye, two eyes, three eyes?).

BTW, you would love BasementCurios.blog. You'd probably spend days there.
He just put up Gary ("Monster Mash") Paxton's Christian Aerobics LP from the early '80s.
I sent him my Amway singers "Sing Out For Free Enterprise" Amway convention routine LP from the late-60s a few months back.
My hands-down favorite is the "Advanced Elk Calling" cassette, but that's near the beginning when he was starting out -- you'd have to go through blog pages to find it [In fact, it's going to take me years to go through your blog].

I've already sent him a link to Recordo Obscura.

R. O. said...

Thanks for the mention and the suggestion. He has quite a few of the same spoken word albums that I do. Added to the blogroll!

N,D. said...

Thank you for posting this! I recently had a little girl and decided to go looking to see whether I could download any of the Let's Pretend series I loved so much as a kid. My favorite was Little Mermaid, but you're right, the stories are harsh compared to the ones we tell for kids today. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. In case you ever want to hear more, there is an archive site available at http://www.archive.org/details/Lets_Pretend. Faithful John and Juniper Tree made me cry every single time I heard them. But I did grow up knowing life isn't always fair, something kids today lack.