THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

THE RUMBLE AND THE ROAR


featuring Edgar A. Guest & Others
The saga of American railroading
presented by New Departure-Hyatt Bearings, Division of General Motors Corporation



COLUMBIA RECORDS
CSS 762
1969



SIDE A:



Casey Jones - The New Christy Minstrels
I've Been Working on the Railroad - Mitch Miller
John Henry - Easy Riders
The Rock Island Line - The Brothers Four
Midnight Special - The Skifflers
The Wabash Cannonball - Johnny Cash

download


SIDE B:



Observation Car Reflections - Edgar A. Guest, Jr.

download



Editor's note: I bought this one solely for the B-Side railroad short history and was not disappointed. The poet sounds fairly un-poetic but puts across a decent presentation. The music on the front side is secondary to me and the fact that much of it probably is in print makes me hesitant to post it. I suppose that I'll get notifications if they are in violation of copyright protection so listen while you can.

No comments: