THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Saturday, June 05, 2010

TIJUANA TAXI


by Guadalajara Brass


SPINORAMA RECORDS
S-164
1960s
STEREO





SIDE A:



TIJUANA TAXI
LONELY BULL
SOMBRERO
AFTER THE AZTECS
SERAPE

download


SIDE B:



OLE!
HOLIDAY IN MEXICO
SIESTA
THE CONQUISTADORS
VICTORY OF THE MATADOR

download



Editor's note: I don't know if anybody's ever heard the similarities between "Sombrero" from this LP (let alone if anybody's ever heard this record period!) and Regina Spektor's "Hotel Song" but goddamit I did! Not the entire song but the hook-line in both is the same! Well, she sings the same notes the trumpet player seems to be playing. I mean, I don't know shit about music but I hear what I hear. Hopefully nobody sues Regina because I'm pretty sure that would end my chances of breeding with her. Go to YouTube and listen to about 10 songs of hers and you'll feel the same way. Oh well, she's busted and it's all my fault now since I am going to post this anyway. Okay, maybe I exaggerated the whole thing but it definitely made me think of that song out of the blue. Here listen yourself:



Just ignore the miniature kids dancing and listen, m'kay?

Other than that it's all good times here on this cliched to the max release. Not the music so much as the titles: SIESTA, OLE!, THE CONQUISTADORS. You get the point. Still, a classic cover without a doubt.

No comments: