THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, July 11, 2010

THE SPECTRUMS OF SACRED SOUND


by The Spectrums of Sacred Sound


CREATIVE SOUND PRODUCTIONS
CSS 1520
Early 1970s
STEREO





SIDE A:



THERE IS MORE TO LIFE 2:54
WHITENED FIELDS 2:32
WALKIN' IN THIS WORLD 2:27
HE'LL NEVER LET YOU FALL 1:46
WHEN I SURVEY THE WONDROUS CROSS 2:28
HOW GREAT THOU ART 5:00

download


SIDE B:



DRY BONES 2:52
TO KNOW THY WILL 2:43
HAPPINESS 1:25
SUN OF MY SOUL 3:06
JESU, JOY OF MAN'S DESIRING 3:04
BATTLE HYMN 4:02

download



Editor's note: a folk-laden and acoustic guitar heavy record with choral vocals that sounds like a disconnected musical to me but of course it isn't trying to be that. Not as good as other records in this genre.

4 comments:

Mr. Daad said...

Hiyas R.O.
Just wanna thank ya for another realy fine Hallelujahmoment as this record is quite enjoyable overall.
Thanks man.

Anonymous said...

I could tell you the names of all the singers in this group I was one of them. I believe this album had a 5 star rating for gospel music by billboard magazine.
I was on the second row from the bottom 2nd woman from right. My name is Teri McEwen Immekus Magnante. this was a wonderful group of high school and early college kids. Pastor Al was in the middle (green) to his left is Jeannie Rankin Clutterham (deceased and next to her husband Bill Clutterham. We made those ugly dresses ourselves... hahaha. Thank you for posting I will tell some of the others that I still keep in touch with to look on your site. Thanks for posting it.
Teri

R. O. Glockenspiel said...

And I'm glad you found it. Enjoy!

Frank said...

Wow, I got this record, too. Actually was a 9th grader, who played trumpet and traveled and sang also with the "Specs" on tour for 3 years. Became the "Specs" President (which didn't meant a whole lot :)in 1971 during our '71 Summer Tour where we wore bell bottoms and tie-dye outfits. Good days, was impacted by the Lord being able to use even us High Schoolers. Great years!! Thanks for sharing the album.