THE SITE IS BEST VIEWED WITH GOOGLE CHROME AND A MONOCLE

Sunday, July 04, 2010

THERE'S A STAR SPANGLED BANNER WAVING SOMEWHERE


by Dave Dudley


MERCURY RECORDS
MG 21057
1965
MONO





SIDE A:



WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING FOR 2:26
GEISHA GIRL 2:26
SOLDIER'S LAST LETTER 3:13
EACH NIGHT AT NINE 2:13
HELLO VIET NAM 2:59
LILI MARLENE 3:00

download


SIDE B:



THERE'S A STAR-SPANGLED BANNER WAVING SOMEWHERE 2:21
FRAULEIN 2:40
AT MAIL CALL TODAY 3:07
VIET NAM BLUES 2:41
THEN I'LL COME HOME AGAIN 2:38
FILIPINO BABY 2:26

download



Editor's note: yep, a double billing for the holiday! Since the 4th of July is about God, country and whatever else you want to stick into the equation I posted both a religious record today and a holiday themed one. For me, the Bicentennial is a glory point in the midst of the failure of humanity but I'm sure nobody wants to hear that before watching fireworks or cooking out so I'll shut it up now. While this record is about Vietnam it's also patriotic and sure beats hearing all the patriotic songs we've all heard over and over once more. If I could have found a patriotic record played on the moog or by some unknown rhythmic society then I would have included that but this is the best I could come up with. Oh yeah, and there's songs about chicks. That, I have no answer for other than the guy's horny too like the rest of the boys are/were and always will be.

No comments: